Ausgoat farmers and suppliers
Ausgoat purchase goats from a range of Australian farmers and suppliers. We are always interested in talking to you about purchasing Australian rangeland goats.
- We require animals for the local goat meat market for domestic sales through Cowra Abattoir. These animals are processed and sold to retail butchers.
- We also require animals for the export market, either at our Glen Innes Depot or by direct consignment.
We select our livestock with care from a wide range of loyal goat suppliers from New South Wales and Queensland.
The goats are predominantly rangeland goats, and this meat is characteristically lean and tasty. Due to it’s low fat content and low cholesterol qualities, goat meat is very popular world wide and is perfectly suited for stewing meat.
Most of our growers keep rangeland goats on their properties for weed control as well. They are predominantly free range goats running wild in Australia’s vast outback.
Our goat suppliers are experts in the management of rangeland goats supplying consistent quality lean goats.
We pride ourselves in having a strong and loyal relationship with our suppliers.
Managing Director Philip Lynn, having the previous experience of being born and raised on the land, acknowledges the importance of, and strives to pay, the best possible price at all times to maximise the returns to our suppliers.
- We pay for goats "over the hook" or by live weight.
- We pay our suppliers promptly within 2-4 days for liveweight deliveries, and 7 day payment for "over the hook" supplies.
- We buy smaller lots of goats through our depot in Glen Innes.
We specialise in minimizing the freight cost to our suppliers, by combining loads to reduce freight and using reputable and experienced livestock carriers.
If you would like to become a goat supplier to Ausgoat, we simply need a completed Goat NVD Form and for first time suppliers, we need a completed ABN & Account eForm (see below). Contact us for more information, or talk directly to Philip Lynn.